Thursday, July 10, 2014
This recipe is straight from sciencebob.com. Check out his site for more cool science stuff to make!
Elmer's glue (most kinds of white craft glue work)
2 disposable cups
Food coloring (Mongee-Poo slime is green)
Borax powder (available at most large grocery stores near the detergent)
A plastic spoon (for stirring)
A tablespoon (for measuring)
1. Fill 1 small cup with water. Add a spoonful of the Borax powder and stir it up. Then set it aside.
2. Fill the other small cup with about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of the glue and stir.
3. Add 3 tablespoons (20 ml) of water to the glue and stir.
4. Add a few drops of the food coloring and stir it up until mixed.
5. Now the fun part! Add 1 tablespoon of the Borax solution you made earlier and stir well! Watch the slime form!
6. After the slime forms, let it sit for 30 seconds and then pull it off the spoon and play!
Tip: Keep your slime in a tightly closed plastic bag when you aren't playing with it, and keep it away from carpet and your cat! (Or little sister's hair.) :)
The slime in these photos is more like a triple batch. Be sure you have an adult help you, Borax is powerful stuff!
If you make slime, be sure to let me know how it turns out!